15 Nov 2018
What You’ll Love About the Music Program:
- Through elective courses, you can focus your study on performance, music theory, or music history depending on your career interests.
- You will study with professors who give extensive individual mentoring and specialized attention.
- Music scholarships are available for Music majors, minors and participants.
- You have the opportunity to perform with the Ashland University bands and choirs.
- Recent international tours have included performances in Germany, Italy, Austria and Spain.
- Faculty members are excellent mentors to individual students and outstanding classroom teachers. Through performance preparation, travel and concerts, professors and students form a tight-knit community.
- Recital Attendance
- University Band or University Choir
- Piano ClassÂ
- Music Theory
- Aural Skills
- Music History Survey
English Language Requirements
You only need to take one of these language tests:
Minimum required score:67
The TOEFL iBT ® measures your English-language abilities in an academic setting. The test has four sections (reading, listening, speaking, and writing), each with a score range of 0-30, for a total score range of 0-120. Read more about TOEFL iBT ®.Schedule TOEFL®
Minimum required score:517
The TOEFL®PBT is administered in a paper format and measures your ability to use and understand English in a classroom setting at the college or university level. It accurately measures how well you can listen, read and write in English while performing academic tasks. Read more about TOEFL®PBT.Schedule TOEFL®
Minimum required score:6
The IELTS – or the International English Language Test System – tests your English-language abilities (writing, listening, speaking, and reading) on a scale of 1.00–9.00. The minimum IELTS score requirement refers to which Overall Band Score you received, which is your combined average score. Read more about IELTS.Schedule IELTS